Equine Connected Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
Learn to Enhance the Therapeutic Practice of EMDR by Incorporating Equine Partners
We developed the Equine Connected EMDR 3-Day Training to engage your horse as a relationship partner and support their powerful ability to offer connection and provide dual attention stimuli, rhythm, and bilateral movement for clients during EMDR therapy.
This intense and profound training goes deep into both your personal and professional development and trauma—and revolutionizes the ways in which you implement EMDR into your practice.
Processing trauma while being rocked, held, and carried by a deeply connected and attuned relationship partner is life-changing and life-giving in every way. The horse literally and figuratively walks the client through the traumatic memory in a deeply connected manner, helping the client to regulate and connect, while facilitating an integration of implicit and explicit memory.
This training is EMDRIA and NBCC approved!
When: April 29th – May 1, 2022
Where: Lampasas, TX
Why: Partnering with horses in your EMDR practice powerfully enhances each of the eight phases resulting in profound and expedient change, growth, and healing.
Prerequisites: The Fundamentals of NL and the NL Intensive training
The Equine Connected EMDR Training is not for everyone. To qualify, you must:
- Complete the Fundamentals of Natural Lifemanship and the NL Intensive
- Fall into either of the following categories:
- An EMDRIA trained EMDR practitioner
- An Equine Professional (EP) accompanying his or her therapy partner who is an EMDRIA trained EMDR practitioner.
Therapists: During the registration process you will be asked to specify the date and place of your EMDRIA approved training, and you will need to email us a scanned or photographed copy of your certificate of completion for this training.
The Equine Connected EMDR training will teach you:
- How to conduct the eight phases of EMDR with the help of the client’s therapy horse.
- How to engage the horse as both a Dual Attention Stimulus and an actual relationship partner who helps your client regulate while forming new attachment patterns as they connect with the one who carries them.
- How to do the structured EMDR protocol with the flexibility needed to be responsive to the horse as a living, breathing relationship partner.
- How to utilize somatic interweaves in EC-EMDR.
- How promoting connection with the horse enhances the benefits of each EMDR phase, whether working on the ground, or mounted.
What to Expect:
- The extensive focus will be on phases 2-8 and especially Phase 2 (the preparation phase) through what we traditionally call Rhythmic Riding.
- You will learn and practice how to begin and potentially complete this process on the ground, however the primary focus will be on how to go through the protocol while the client is on horseback.
- This highly specialized training is limited to 12 participants.
- You will be eligible for 18 EMDRIA credits.
- There will be a small online component you will need to complete before the 3-day event.
Join our Email List
Stay updated on the latest in Equine Assisted Services, NL trainings, and upcoming events.