Clinical Immersion at
Pecan Creek Ranch
Immerse yourself in the practice of Equine Assisted Services and experience
Clinical Immersions offer the opportunity to shadow deeply experienced and highly skilled Therapists and Equine Professionals at Pecan Creek Ranch, an organization that offers Natural Lifemanship Equine Assisted Services (EAS) and professional development.
This 2-day customized immersion program is designed for mental health and equine professionals (and others in the healing professions) who have attended the Fundamentals of NL and are committed to incorporating it into their practice.
Natural Lifemanship Certification students may count a clinical immersion at Pecan Creek Ranch towards one of their two group consultation requirements.
When: To be arranged with Pecan Creek Ranch at a time that works for you
Where: Pecan Creek Ranch, Georgetown, TX
Why: This is where you see your training in practice with clients.
Prerequisites: Fundamentals of Natural Lifemanship
See why Katie found this experience to be invaluable.
This EAS training is for you if:
- You want to incorporate Natural Lifemanship into your practice.
- You want to observe therapy sessions in person and ask questions in real-time.
- You want to see how Trauma Focused-Equine Assisted Psychotherapy is applied in session.
“To watch the sessions unfold in a very peaceful, relaxed manner, waiting for the next thing, waiting for the opportunity and the teachable moment, all of these things took a lot of the pressure off of me being new to this work, understanding that something will happen, something valuable will happen.”
What to Expect
- Observe therapy sessions, and discuss observations with the therapy team
- Learn effective co-facilitation methods, including being a part of the team processing of sessions
- Enjoy focused discussion with facilitators regarding implementation of Trauma Focused-Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (TF-EAP) principles in session
- Learn about assessments PCR uses and how to integrate them into treatment
- Learn about quality documentation standards that adhere to insurance standards
- Explore ethical implications and associated work dilemmas within an EAP service settings
- Observe the integration of NL into the fabric of the business
- Learn how to take care of your horses’ welfare with NL principles before, throughout, and after sessions
- Learn how to make connection the focus of every interaction with your horses, such as learning to feed and catch with connection
“[It helped] seeing all of the different ways the horses let the therapy team know an important issue had been addressed. It was incredible! There were so many different ways the horses were a part of the therapy team and I hadn’t really experienced that before.”
Therapist and NLC-P, EP student
What Other Participants Have Gained from This Experience
- Guidance and assistance in structuring your own EAS practice.
- Confidence in facilitating a flow between mental health and equine professionals in sessions.
- A deeper understanding of the relationship between mental health professionals, equine professionals, clients, and horses as the therapy progresses.
- A wide variety of experiences of how the horses participate in, guide, and influence sessions.
- New ideas and fresh perspectives for your own practice.
- New insights and practical tools for integrating NL principles into your practice.
- Experiences with PCR horses that lead to personal growth and insights that facilitate further personal growth and professional practice.
- A renewed sense of connection and belonging.
- Lasting support and confidence.
Get to Know Pecan Creek Ranch
Pecan Creek Ranch is an 18-acre equine-assisted services facility in Georgetown, TX. Their mission is to transform relationships one connection at a time and unlock a world of joy, worthiness, love, healing, and untapped potential for all. Learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I have to take prerequisites?
Yes! You must complete the Fundamentals of Natural Lifemanship training prior to attending this immersion. This allows you to have a solid foundation in the work you will observe.
Q: Can this experience be applied to my NL certification requirements?
Yes! You may count a clinical immersion at Pecan Creek Ranch towards one of your two group consultation requirements.
Q: How often is this training offered throughout the year?
After payment, you will be provided information for scheduling your Immersion with Pecan Creek Ranch at a time that works for you.
The latest NL News and timeless blogs about connection, transformation, healing, horses and the Natural Lifemanship approach!
Tim Jobe’s Story of Personal Transformation
This week, we opened registration for the NL Intensive. One of the big questions we always get from our community is how the NL Intensive is different from the Fundamentals of NL. The simple answer: Fundamentals teaches you a new way of thinking about your...
Destruction and the Messy Business of Healing
“Every act of creation is first an act of destruction.” -Pablo Picasso We often speak about the breaking down of something old, and the rebuilding of something new. A process of transformation. Of repair. Of renewal. All of which are essential to healing...
The Impact of Rhythm in Trauma Informed Care
By Kate Naylor and Bettina Shultz-Jobe A heartbeat. Waves rolling in and out on a sandy beach. The rising and setting of the sun. The aroma of your favorite meal. A long walk to clear your head. That sense of joy that comes from swinging on a swing. Your...
Join our Email List
Stay updated on the latest in Equine Assisted Services, NL trainings, and upcoming events.