Are you an EMDRIA trained Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapist?
Have you been trained in Natural Lifemanship TF-EAP?*
Have you recognized the powerful potential of the horse to provide dual attention stimuli for clients in EMDR therapy?
Take EMDR to a deeper level.
Learn Natural Lifemanship’s Equine Connected EMDR (EC-EMDR).
Natural Lifemanship EC-EMDR training is a three-day hands-on training workshop for EMDR trained clinicians and their EPs who practice Natural Lifemanship Trauma-Focused Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (TF-EAP).
- How to conduct the eight phases of EMDR with the help of the client’s therapy horse.
The extensive focus will be on phases 3-8 and especially Phase 2 (the preparation phase) through what we traditionally have called Rhythmic Riding done in a round pen. You will learn and practice how to begin and potentially complete this process on the ground, however the primary focus will be on how to go through the protocol while the client is on horseback. Included in this phase is Safe Place Installation, which call Connected Calm Space, and Resourcing.
- How to engage the horse not only as a Dual Attention Stimulus, but also as an actual relationship partner who helps your client regulate while forming new attachment patterns.
- How to do the structured EMDR protocol with the flexibility needed to be responsive to the horse as a living, breathing relationship partner.
- How to utilize somatic interweaves in EC-EMDR.
- How promoting connection with the horse enhances the benefits of each EMDR phase, whether working on the ground, or mounted.
This highly specialized training is limited to 12 participants and counts towards Advanced NL Certification. The following subjects will be explored:
- Does the horse consent to this work and how do we determine that on a session-by-session basis? What do we do when the horse does not consent?
- How do you help the client build a relationship with a horse that lends itself to trauma processing?
- How do we know when the client has connection with the horse, and how is connection used during each phase of the process?
- Why it’s important that the therapy team offer full or partial connection with the horse when the client is unable to initiate or sustain connection?
- How do you help the client find connection on the back of the horse when they struggle to find it on the ground?
- How do we follow the lead of both client and horse during EC-EMDR sessions while respecting the EMDR protocol?
*Pre-Requisites for this Training:
- Participants must have completed the following Natural Lifemanship Trainings and must come to this training with an understanding of how to request attachment and detachment with connection on the ground:
- Participants must fall into either of the following categories:
- A therapist who has completed an EMDRIA approved EMDR training
- An Equine Professional (EP) accompanying his or her therapy partner who has completed an EMDRIA approved EMDR training.
Therapists: During the registration process you will be asked to specify the date and place of your EMDRIA approved training, and you will need to email us a scanned or photographed copy of your certificate of completion for this training.
- Please come prepared to work through a personal target of a small magnitude.
- There will be a small online component you will need to complete before the 3-day event.
COST: $1200 Early Bird Registration or $1400 beginning 6 weeks prior to the event.
Natural Lifemanship’s EC-EMDR training is EMDRIA approved and offers 18 EMDRIA Credits.
EC Program Approval Number: #18010-01