Shannon is the founder and president of Horse Sense of the Carolinas, Inc., an internationally-recognized leader in the field of Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Learning.
She is also the founder of Horse Sense Business Sense, dedicated to supporting professionals in the field. Horse Sense of the Carolinas is one of Natural Lifemanship’s premier host sites where Fundamentals and Intensive trainings are regularly offered.
Shannon has worked with and taught horses and people for over 30 years. After 10 years of teaching in college, she left academia and began working with abused and neglected horses. She began pairing “rescued” horses with people in 2001, and Horse Sense was formed soon after.
She and her husband Richard continue to work with horses through horse rescue organizations, local humane societies, and law enforcement.
- Natural Lifemanship EP, trainer and host
- Founder and President, Horse Sense of the Carolinas, Inc., Marshall, NC
- EAGALA Advanced Certified
- Parelli Level 2 graduate
- Over 30 years teaching horses and people
- Over 16 years rescuing horses and pairing rescued horses in EAP work
- Published author of multiple books and curricula on EAP/EAL and business practices
- Adjunct faculty for Prescott College’s Equine Assisted Learning Concentration Program