Sara has been in the mental health and equine-assisted healing fields for nearly 19 years, studying and practicing various modalities of therapeutic human and animal interaction.
Sara holds a BA in Counseling Psych and Equine Experiential Learning, practices the Equine Gestalt Coaching Method, holds past certifications as a PATH instructor and EAGALA Level 2 and is a certified Natural Lifemanship Practitioner and Equine Professional.
She and her partner Matt are the founders of Discovery Horse where they conduct retreats and workshops for personal and professional growth. Discovery Horse provides trauma-informed services in a community environment and offers collaborative space for a multitude of mental health service providers who want to embrace these principles in their own personal and professional relationships.
Recently, Sara’s work with children who have experienced trauma, and the adults they grow into, drove her to learn more about Natural Lifemanship. All of Sara’s work focuses on relationships and connection. As a Natural Lifemanship trainer, Sara is thrilled to utilize the NL principles to transform all relationships.
As a Natural Lifemanship partner site, Discovery Horse is excited to share their commitment to creating a community that operates from these principles.
- Natural Lifemanship NLC-P/EP, trainer and host
- Founder of Discovery Horse, trauma-informed coaching practice in Brainerd, MN
- Certified practitioner of the Equine Gestalt Coaching Method®
- Trained in EAGALA and PATH
- Two decades of professional equine-assisted coaching with a focus on youth and families in group and individual settings
- Professional speaker