Chief Operating Officer
“When we walk on the earth with reverence, beauty will decide to trust us. The rushed heart and arrogant mind lack the gentleness and patience to enter that embrace.”
Since attending her first NL training in 2010, Laura has been committed to understanding and promoting the paradigm shift that is frequently attributed to NL by those who undergo training and certification in the model.
Since childhood, she found deep meaning in her connection with horses and all of nature. She is grateful to be in a position to advance a mental health therapy model and a transformative learning approach that is centered on the connection between humans and horses.
Laura completed her doctorate in Multicultural Special Education at The University of Texas at Austin, where she focused on culturally responsive pedagogy, including the role of critical self-reflection and experiential learning in the preparation of teachers to serve culturally and linguistically diverse youth with and without disabilities.
Get to know Laura.
- Director of Education & Research
- Over 15 years teaching at elementary, secondary, and post-secondary levels
- Research consultant specializing in Program Evaluation
- Expertise in culturally and linguistically responsive pedagogy
- Trained in the Neurosequential Model in Education
- Published author of peer-reviewed education research, program evaluations, and book chapters