GAIN SKILL and CONFIDENCE in your interactions with horses. LEARN the ESSENTIALS to better understand, care for, and CONNECT with HORSES.
The series includes the following video episodes (available for basic and professional NL members; first in the series available for all):
- Introduction to basic horse body language - available to all
- Horse body language when a request is made
- Horse body language during attachment and detachment (with horse, Annie)
- Horse movement as part of body language
- Horse body language during attachment and detachment (with horse, Buck) -
- How to differentiate between appeasement and connection
- Possible horse behaviors that could be dangerous
- Specific areas of the horse's body to notice when reading body language and understanding pacifying movements
- What the horse is designed for, as a species, and how the human "management" of horses can affect their behavior
5. Horse Body Language During Attachment and Detachment (Buck)
In this video, you will have an opportunity to watch the body language of a horse whose communication is a bit subtler than Annie’s. Additionally, Callie shares interesting research about our ability to decipher a horse’s emotional state based on their expressions.
AVAILABLE to NL Members