Why Seek Consultation?
As you develop your Natural Lifemanship practice, questions naturally arise. Consultations with experienced NL trainers play a critical role in your learning process as they provide individualized support in helping you think through problems and apply Natural Lifemanship principles to challenging situations. We offer consultations by the hour for individuals and therapy teams, and two hour group consultations for those participating in our certification program. Book a consultation.
What to Expect
- There is no such thing as a “quick question” or “quick answer”.
It is a common false assumption that there is such a thing as a “quick question” or a “quick answer” when it comes to talking through situations that arise with human beings, or with horses for that matter. While the principles are universal, each individual is unique and therefore client situations must be thoroughly understood before advice can be given.
- Natural Lifemanship is process-oriented and relational.
Individuals, horses, and relationships are dynamic. It is through the process of discussion and problem solving with an experienced NL trainer that you learn to think through the NL principles and grow as a practitioner.
- We do not offer email consultations.
Individual consultations may be booked between one individual and one or two NL consultants, or between a therapy team consisting (usually) of two individuals who serve clients together with an NL therapy team (two consultants). They may take place on the phone or in person at our facility. If you wish to book an in-person consultation at our facility and work with a horse as part of the consultation process, that option is available, too. Off-site consultations may also be an option. Please contact us to discuss. Consultations are available to anybody who has been through a Fundamentals training.
Consultation is case-based. To get the most out of your consultation, we recommend you come prepared to talk through an actual case. When booking your consultation, please keep this in mind and be prepared to present a case that will be the most helpful for you to talk through during that time frame. If carefully chosen, the information we discuss on one case will usually transfer to other clients. It typically takes an entire hour to talk through one case. Please don’t expect to cover more than one case during any given consultation slot.
Group consultations are currently restricted to those undergoing NL certification. As one of the certification requirements, there are associated expectations for members of the group.
Group consultation requirements include:
- Group consultations are sold in blocks of 5 prescheduled sessions. You must be able to attend at least 3 of the 5 sessions live either online via Zoom or by phone. Up to two sessions may be made up by watching/listening to the recording of the session and providing a summary.
- Each participant must be prepared to submit a written case (prior to the call) and present it on one of the calls. The cases are what drive the consultations and this requirement is firm.
- Within the first 3 sessions, each participant must share one of their video assignments through the group forum. These will also provide content for discussion purposes.
- There are between-call homework assignments. Specifically, each participant will arrange a time to connect with another participant by phone between scheduled group consultation calls.
- All group consultation instructions and communications will occur primarily through the group forum that will be automatically joined by signing up for a group consultation block. Each participant is responsible for logging in and checking the forum to stay up to date.
With your permission, consultation calls may be recorded and archived for the educational benefit of NL members and/or those undergoing our certification process. Any recordings used for this purpose will have all information removed that could potentially identify clients or therapists and would only be made available in our secure members’ area. All group consultations are recorded and used for educational purposes related to certification.
What do all these terms mean? See definitions and clarifications.
Contact us for more information.