November 8, 2019
Equine Connected EMDR (EC-EMDR) - November 8th-10th, 2019, Miracle Farm, Brenham, TX
Equine Connected EMDR (EC-EMDR)
Take EMDR to a deeper level.
Learn Natural Lifemanship's Equine Connected EMDR (EC-EMDR).Natural Lifemanship EC-EMDR training is a three-day hands-on training workshop for EMDR trained clinicians and their EPs who practice Natural Lifemanship Trauma-Focused Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (TF-EAP). LEARN:
- How to conduct the eight phases of EMDR with the help of the client’s therapy horse.
The extensive focus will be on phases 3-8 and especially Phase 2 (the preparation phase) through what we traditionally have called Rhythmic Riding done in a round pen. You will learn and practice how to begin and potentially complete this process on the ground, however the primary focus will be on how to go through the protocol while the client is on horseback. Included in this phase is Safe Place Installation, which call Connected Calm Space, and Resourcing.
- How to engage the horse not only as a Dual Attention Stimulus, but also as an actual relationship partner who helps your client regulate while forming new attachment patterns.
- How to do the structured EMDR protocol with the flexibility needed to be responsive to the horse as a living, breathing relationship partner.
- How to utilize somatic interweaves in EC-EMDR.
- How promoting connection with the horse enhances the benefits of each EMDR phase, whether working on the ground, or mounted.