“Spirituality is recognizing and celebrating that we are all inextricably connected to each other by a power greater than all of us, and that our connection to that power and to one another is grounded in love and compassion. Practicing spirituality brings a sense of perspective, meaning, and purpose to our lives.”
Do you want to:
- Become more intentional about deepening your connection with the Divine Presence through connection with self, with horses, with one another, and with all of the natural world?
- Explore the Meaning of NL Principles of connection in the arena of your faith, your spirituality, or your sense of connection with God?
- Learn how to help your clients and those you guide and serve develop a deeper sense of connection and meaning in their spiritual lives?
For many the spiritual realm of life is where we seek and at times experience profoundly intimate connection. And, it may also be the place of our deepest connection wounds. In either case, it is difficult to find language with which to describe the dynamics of our deeply personal, innermost experience of spiritual connection. Natural Lifemanship helps us explore, experience, practice and transform connection patterns in the depths of our being where our sense of self touches its very source and the ground of all being.
Who Should Attend this Training?
This training is for any who embrace Natural Lifemanship and who are drawn to the theme of spiritual connection, especially:
- People who engage in spiritual counseling, ministry, or in spiritual direction and guidance
- Those interested in facilitating spiritual direction and guidance with the help of horses, AND who have attended the Fundamentals of NL, either in person or online.*
*Because we will not teach the NL principles at this training, but rather explore them at greater depth, participants must have completed a Fundamentals of NL training prior to attending this training.
We welcome people of any spiritual orientation and it is our intention to create a space where it is safe for each person to explore the themes presented in this workshop in his or her own ways within the context of his or her own faith, belief system, and spiritual life.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This is very much a “retreat-style” training. The focus is on shared experience, process and dialogue. The trainers will introduce practices and share experiences that have been helpful and meaningful within their own spiritual journeys, which include Christianity and Buddhism. Many of the practices we will experience together originate within the contemplative Christian tradition.
With Natural Lifemanship, we have the opportunity to help ourselves and our clients explore the ways in which the process of seeking and cultivating connection with a horse awakens contemplative awareness, strengthening our relationship with ourselves, with others, and with the Ultimate Reality that connects us all.
The weekend is organized around the following themes:
- The importance of Rhythm and Relationship in our Spiritual Lives.
- Contemplation and Connection – How connection (with horses, with self, with others, with nature, and with the Divine) requires a unitive consciousness, or a deeply relational mind; and this requires practice in letting go of our ordinary, binary ways of knowing.
- Discernment and the practice of Natural Lifemanship principles.
Upcoming NL-SC Trainings
- When: March 29-31, 2019
- Where: The Arbor Behavioral Healthcare
- What: 3 days of discussion, reflection, contemplation, and lots of connection with horses, nature and each other
- How Many and How Much: This training is limited to 12 participants and costs $1200 during early registration (which ends mid June) and $1400 thereafter.
- Who: Laura McFarland & Kathleen Choe
- What Next: If you are ready, please sign up as spaces may fill quickly. If you still have questions, please continue reading and feel free to contact the facilitators by submitting the form below.
“This training made NL come alive. Without this spiritual component I don’t know that I would have ever fully grasped the true intention behind NL. This was by far the best I have heard NL explained and demonstrated.”
“I thought this training was both deeply enriching personally and professionally. One of those “so glad I did that” trainings that was and is invaluable. Highly recommend!”
“The Spiritual Connection training allowed me to take my Natural Lifemanship practice to the next level. I was able to take the basic principles into the spiritual realm, which truly deepened my experience with my horse and my partner. As with all NL trainings that I’ve attended, there were several “A-ha” moments that will leave me forever changed as a person. I couldn’t ask for more out of a training!”
Did you enjoy the Fundamentals of NL training (either in-person or online), appreciate the science-based principles, and wish there were a spiritual component of the model to explore?
Do you serve clients whose lives are informed by their faith or spirituality, and who would benefit by integrating their faith journeys with the transformative relational work they are engaging in with you and their equine partners through NL therapy or coaching?
Are you someone who has felt the power of a horse’s capacity to stir your soul, whether you identify as a spiritual person or not?
Have you stayed up nights or risen early trying to work out how to integrate:
- The knowledge of science with the wisdom of spirituality?
- The healing elements of Trauma-Focused Equine Assisted Psychotherapy with the transformative processes of spiritual growth and development?
- The NL relational principles in the context of your relationship with God or a Higher Power?
- The spiritual practices of contemplation and action with meaningful connection?
- Your love and passion for connecting with and learning from horses with your spiritual ministry?
No need to lose sleep when we’ve done (some of) the work for you!
Come to this 3-day training and gain:
- A language integrating spiritual connection and NL principles
- The experience of working though some of the “stuff” that blocks our ability to participate fully in “the divine dance”*
- An opportunity to experience being stirred at the soul level by the presence of horses
- Practical ways of exploring these themes with clients
- The opportunity to press into your own spiritual journey with horses
- Connection and community with others who share a common passion
*We borrow the phrase, “the divine dance,” from one of our favorite authors and teachers, Richard Rohr, who reminds us that an utterly relational God “…is not just a dancer; God is the dance itself.” You may purchase a copy of his book, The Divine Dance, or any of his many other works directly from the Center for Action and Contemplation or on Amazon.
Do you have questions or concerns you’d like to have answered or to discuss prior to signing up? Please complete this form and one of the training facilitators will reach out.