This course is free for NL Professional members. If you have an active professional membership and are signed in, please scroll down and click on the first lesson to begin. If you would like to become a member to access this course, please choose one of the options above.
You may purchase the course directly without becoming a member. To do so, please visit the Purchase Courses page where it is available for $59.
Equine Connected Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EC-EMDR) was presented at the 2017 Natural Lifemanship Conference.
This course includes the recordings of the conference presentation and breakout session. There are 2 video lessons totaling approximately 3 hours. Upon completion of the lessons, you may earn 3 CE credits by successfully passing an end-of-course quiz.
What is Equine-Connected Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EC-EMDR)?
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is an effective, extensively researched method for helping people recover from trauma. The EMDR treatment protocol requires extensive training. For information about becoming trained in EMDR, or about EMDR in general, please visit the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA).
The Natural Lifemanship process of Trauma-Focused Equine Assisted Psychotherapy can be utilized by EMDR and NL trained mental health professionals who wish to conduct EMDR with the help of the client’s therapy horse. We call this process, “Equine-Connected EMDR” (EC-EMDR).
Who should take this course?
Anyone wanting to learn more about EC-EMDR may take this online course. Our in-person EC-EMDR training is limited to EMDR trained/NL trained mental health professionals and their EPs.
Who can practice EC-EMDR?
EMDR trained* mental health professionals who are also trained in Natural Lifemanship, and their EPs (as members of the therapy team).
*For information about where to get EMDR trained, please visit EMDRIA’s website (link provided above).
About the Course
- This presentation from the Natural Lifemanship Institute’s 2017 Conference gives an overview and demonstration of the Equine-Connected EMDR process.
- In the first lesson, presenters, Bettina Shultz-Jobe and Eyvonne Williams explain how Natural Lifemanship principles of connection and Trauma-Focused Equine Assisted Psychotherapy are integrated within Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) to produce Equine Connected EMDR (EC-EMDR).
- In the next lesson, presenters, Eyvonne Williams and Kathleen Choe, demonstrate equine-assisted techniques for containment and regulation.
- The final lesson is a quiz consisting of 13 questions.
- A certificate of completion and 3 CE credits are awarded upon completion of this course.
This video is a recording of the NL 2017 conference breakout session, EC-EMDR Techniques for Containment and Regulation. Eyvonne Williams and Kathleen Choe demonstrate an EC-EMDR relaxation technique that is…
To earn 3 CE credits you must complete a final quiz and a course evaluation. To complete the course evaluation, please click HERE. The brief (4 minute) questionnaire will open…