Gabby is a Certified NL Clinician & EP, as well as an NL Trainer. She earned her MSSW from The University of Texas at Austin and is trrained in EMDR.
In her clinical work, Gabby employs a systems-based perspective to help children, teens and families who have experienced trauma. She prefers experiential therapy, including work with horses, art, sand tray, music and nature, to traditional talk therapy, believing that movement and “doing” are more effective than simply talking.
Gabby enjoys using humor, when appropriate, hoping that clients can know that, while therapy can be really hard, it can also be fun. Gabby is extremely passionate about the Natural Lifemanship model and the healing this therapy model helps to provide for families and individuals, particularly those affected by trauma.
She has witnessed in her own life how the model profoundly improves relationships. She is thrilled to be able to help others learn the NL principles and how to utilize this model in therapy sessions and every day life.
- Natural Lifemanship clinician, EP, and trainer
- Therapist and EP at Gateway Family Services in Potomac, Illinois
- Trained in multiple therapy modalities including Play Therapy, Crisis Intervention and TF-CBT
- Trained in EAGALA, PATH and as a therapeutic riding instructor
- Over 13 years experience as an adoption caseworker
- An accomplished musician who often uses music in therapy sessions
- Raised around horses, has shown competitively as a child and teen